Customization gives you a number of benefits to make analysis and reporting easier. Here, you are going to learn another customization trick. This time, it’s for the NetSuite Transaction List.
I suggest you watch the video. It’s easier to understand if you are a visual/audio learner. The content below is the same as the video. It’s for those who learn by reading.
If you are on the NetSuite homepage and you want to find the Transaction List, just go to Transactions > Financial > Make Journal Entries > List.
The result will be the Journal Entries list showing the following:
- Internal ID (because the setting is turned on)
- Edit and view clickable links (because the setting is also turned on)
- The rest of the columns: date, document number, name, account, status, memo, etc.
You can change the details shown in the list by clicking on the Customize View button shown in the previous figure.
This is what you would see once you select the button.
You can see all the column fields. If you want to create a customized view, you can do the following:
- Start by naming your search under Search Title.
- Remove fields that you do not need by clicking on the field and hitting Remove.
- Add fields at the bottom of the menu bar by selecting them from the list.
- Move the fields to follow the order you want them placed by clicking on Move Up or Move Down.
Now, you have the Date, Time, Payroll Batch, and the Memo fields in order.
Once you’re done selecting all the fields and putting them in the order you prefer, click the Save button found on the upper left of the page.
You can easily find the Transaction List by going to Transactions > Financial > Make Journal Entries > List. From there, just click on Customize View. To refresh yourself on how it looks, view them below.