In one of our blogs last year, we talked about uploading employee records in NetSuite. For this tutorial, you will learn how to edit or add employee details after you have uploaded them in the system.
This guide will cover the following:
I suggest you watch the video. It’s easier to understand if you are a visual/audio learner. The content below is the same as the video. It’s for those who learn by reading.
For this tutorial, we will use the following employee data of John Smith:
|Delete Employee Sample Details|
|Employee Name||John Smith|
|Employee Mobile Number||1234567890|
Once logged into NetSuite, here are the steps to follow when editing employee details:
- Step 1: Go to Lists → Employees → Employees.
- Step 2: Click Internal ID.
- Step 2 – A: For Internal ID to show, you need to set your preferences.
- To do this, go to Home → Set Preferences.
- In the General tab, find the box for Show Internal ID and check it.
- Click the Save button to apply the changes.
- Step 3: Click Edit next to the chosen employee.
- Step 4: Start editing or adding the employee details.
- Add the mobile phone number.
- Under Classification, select Engineering as department.
- Step 5: Click Save after all details are updated. A confirmation message will be shown on top of the page.
After getting the confirmation message, you can also check the edited details by clicking on View next to the employee.
- Step 1: Click View next to the Edit link.
- Step 2: Check the details you have updated if they are now reflecting.
You just learned how to add and edit employee details in NetSuite. To recap, you can click on the links below.